What is Academic & Career Planning?
Academic and Career planning, or ACP, is a student-driven, ongoing process that actively engages students enabling them to:
- Understand their own interests, strengths, values, and learning styles,
- Create a vision of their future,
- Develop individual goals, and
- Prepare a personal plan for acheiving their vision and goals.
There are four stages to successful Academic and Career Planning (ACT):
1. KNOW - Who am I? Getting to know my interests, skills and strengths.
2. EXPLORE - Where do I want to go? Explore career pathways and education opportunities.
3. PLAN - How do i get there? Setting goals, choose courses, join clubs & activties, write resumes.
4. GO - GO! Recalculate as needed.