Course Selection Information:
In late January, CHS students in grades 9-11 are given information and instructions regarding course seletion and scheduling for the following school year. Students and their parents/guardians will discuss course information together before students submit their course selections online through Infinite Campus. Fore more information, please refer to the 2020-21 Course Catalog. Students and parents/guardians are encouraged to contact a School Counselor with questions regarding course selection and future career plans.
Incoming freshmen will receive course selection information from their School Counselor in late January. Information is also presented to both students and parents/guardians at an 8th grade Parent Night in January.
Schedule Change Policy:
Upon receiving student course requests, the School Counselors along with administration put a great deal of time and effort into preparing student schedules with the goal of creating schedules that best meets the needs of all students. Because of this, there will be a very limited schedule changes. The following guidelines will be used to determine if a schedule change will be granted:
- Students will be allowed to drop a class within five school days of the trimester
- No changes can be made on the first day of each new trimester
- Students will need to complete a course change request form
- All schedule changes will be subject to class availability and class size
- A change may not be granted if it would reduce the class size to less than 10 students
- Any student wishing to drop a course after five school days, will receive an “F” for that course, unless there are extenuating circumstances approved by Student Services and Administration
- Students may drop a course between 5-10 school days ONLY to pick up a study hall
- All schedule changes are subject to administration approval and discretion
Summer School Credit Recovery:
The high school summer credit recovery program will provide your child with structured time to relearn/redo the content from a failed class. This will allow the student to earn .5 credits per class towards high school graduation. The summer school program will operate from June 13th to July 3rd . Classes will meet Monday through Thursday from 8:00AM to 9:45AM, or from 10:00AM to 11:45AM. Qualifying courses that your child may have failed for a trimester are: Any English, Math, Social Studies or Science classes. Students must complete the assigned work with a passing grade in order to be earn credit for the course. Students will be assigned to an hour and 45 minute work session per day and will be required to attend every day until he or she completes the coursework successfully. Students will no longer have to attend summer school once the required topics are completed. Students with two failing trimester grades in two separate classes may sign up for a second session. Please keep in mind that if a student fails two or three trimesters of a single class, they will not have enough time to complete the remediation, and must retake the class during the regular school year.